Australian Piling experts
Australian Piling experts will provide you with a designed installed and certified screw pile service for all civil, commercial, residential, industrial, bridge and infrastructure works Sydney and Australia wide.
Our Screw Piling product is the cheapest, quickest and strongest screw foundation system in today’s market. Unlike the traditional helical and multi fin cast helix used by the Australian Screw Pile market, our robust and rigid single helix no longer restricts the structural integrity of a screw pile.
Screw piles transfer building loads via the shaft (typically CHS section, 76mm dia – 273mm dia) to the helix plate, which is located at the bottom of the shaft. Sizes and thicknesses of each member is engineer designed to allow for all design loads and geotechnical conditions as per your project.
APE entered the Screw Pile market as an alternate contractor and has shown a diverse attitude in catering to a more affordable, stronger and engineered Steel pile technology, rather than duplicating the existing helical / multi fin offer available from our competitors.
In simple words, the strength of a helical plate screw pile is limited in structural strength and capacity; because the thickness of the multi steel plates / fins welded to the shaft are much thinner and not equivalent to our product in anyway. This means as the load transfers through to the shaft, it will circle its way through 2-3 helical thin plates making it end bearing on the final plate. Yet, our product uses only one heavy duty thick helix plate / fin which is thicker than the combined multi fins / helical plates used by other contractors. Our helical plates vary from 8mm up to 36mm in thickness. Our product is engineered, tested and accredited. We take confidence in our approach and proposals towards any engineer and ensure our design is backed up and warranted by the Australian standard and an Engineered Certificate.
Complying with the Australian Standard: AS 2159 – Section 8. APE screw pile product allows engineers, developers, builders, homeowners to specify APE Piles with full confidence.
There are many benefits of screw pile over other piling methods:
- No Spoil Removal Required
- Half the Cost of a Concrete Pile* – Extremely Cost Affective
- Half the Time of a Concrete Bored Pile*
- Half the Mess and traffic encountered on Site i.e. No Concrete Trucks, Steel Cages Concrete Pumps and Heavy large Rigs needed.
- Up to 20 times faster installation then any driven piles,
- Easy connection to footings and pile caps
- No Vibration encountered
- No dewatering requirements
- Can be Re-usable, recyclable, east to Drill back out
- Suitable for all soil types,
- Installed using calibrated torque correlation to soil type and strength.
- Full engineered Calculation, Design and Certification provided
- No On site Engineer inspection required
- Can Drill As Deep as required up to 30m deep
- No Open holes / Bunting required
- Fixed Prices can be Offered
- Can Access tight sites with widths of 1.75m and heights of 1.60m